Thursday, September 22, 2005

Greek Festival

Please forgive me! I forgot to write a post on the Greek Festival of 2005! Chelsea came down last weekend, b/c her father and brother were going to a UAB football game. So, unfortunately, I had her all weekend (ugh! J/k). For Saturday night, my mom and dad went to a high school reunion. My brother and sister, went to a friends house. So, Chelsea and I had nothing to do. Until, my uncle called us to see if we would like to come with him to a Greek Festival (he loves ethnic food, Italian, Greek, Thai, EVERYTHING!). Of course, we said yes. When we got there there were at LEAST, 2,000 people. But, luckily we didn't wait in line for long. Chelsea and I split a plate, a lamb gyro, and a Greek salad, hit the very spot (at least for me it did). It took us a long time to find a place to sit, but we finally found one. It was crowded, loud, music playing really loud, thumps from the feet of the dancers, IT WAS GREAT! The dancers (boys and girls) were in Greek costumes, and danced Greek dances (duh) and looks AWESOME! May I add, they had the festival in... a Parking deck! We went to the next level (it was inside some building attached to the parking deck)and looked at all the items they had for sale, jewelry, scarves, pillow cases, dresses, wooden cooking utensils etc.

It turned out to be a truly inviting/interesting festival!
Luv-Luv
Whitt

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger beatrice said...

There is a Greek festival here, too!
It's not very good, though...

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Life is better in the South said...

Ours is Great!!!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger toesthattwinkle said...

OH that was sooo much fun!!!!! You know I do try to comment on your blog... back to the point, The gyro was good, but not my favorite. Then we had this spinnache and feta cheese thing that was inside filo bread or dough.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm originally from Birmingham. I miss the Greek festival there. It's much better than the one here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home