Friday, March 17, 2006

DEFF. a Saint Patricks Day parade!

So, in honor of St. Paddy's day, we went to a parade. We found the place ,where the parade came by, (of course it was a given, when we saw over 100 people standing on the block ALL wearing green, or green feather boas, or a funky hat something like that). Then, all the kids started screaming, you could see the parade coming! At the front there was a tiny band of 8 people play drums and bagpipes. Then TON of other floats, representing, beer companies, organizations, football/baseball/basketball teams. ALL of them were handing out CANDY and BEADS!!! We were right behind a group of about 6 or more girls around the age of 6-8. EVERYTIME a float that was handing out something came by, EVERY SINGLE GIRL screamed like they were seeing N'sync or Jesse McCartney. They'd scream ,"OVER HEAR!!!!US!!!!" or "BEADS WE WANT BEADS!!!BEADS!!!" or "NO! I CAUGHT THE BEADS! I GET THEM, MOM I GOT THEM FIRST!!!!" all things like that. SO I finally got in the spirit waving my arms trying to get some beads, and as you can see by the picture...I DID! Then a VISIONLAND truck came by, not only throwing candy, but BEADS, HATS!, and SWEATSHIRTS!!! I caught a sweatshirt. It's really awesome!
What I want YOU to do is celebrate TODAY! DO SOMETHING! Eat something green, dye your water green, WEAR GREEN. Just get in the spirit of ST. PADDY'S DAY! B/c it only comes ONCE a year!!!!!!

MUAH!

xoxo

luvluv

Whitt

6 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Table of Stone said...

I love that picture of you!!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Big P said...

Iiii!!! an' doncha be for-gettin' to kiss the "Blarr-nee Stone" fer gud luk ( or at least maybe your special someone)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Life is better in the South said...

Oh, you know what's really sweet? There was a little boy of, probably 5-6 or so, with his mom in front of us, (beside all the screaming girls) who caught some beads, and then at the end gave them to me! His mom said they had plenty of beads at home! I thought that was so cute!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Life is better in the South said...

oh and big p I don't have a special someone! :(

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

I wore green today! love that picture...and the beads!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Table of Stone said...

Hey So I was looking atyour myspace. Totally awesome!! The slideshow, i was totally taken in by it. By the way, you and I were meant to be friends, converse shoes..also my favorite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home