Monday, August 15, 2005

SCHOOL!

I do have to say, there is something about school, that makes you happy (or me for that matter). Today is my first day of school. This morning my family and I, took pictures in our front yard (tradition). Then, we went to Wal-mart to get school supplies, my 3 prized possessions? Label-maker, new backpack (it rolls like a suitcase), and fine point sharpies in all different colors! When we came home, we got the books that we are reading/studying this year and put them on our shelves. Lunch. Now, I am typing with fast speed.
I have to post this poem, it's very dear to me.

True Femininity

Is it curling the hair
Or painting the face?
Pinning on bows,
Pink ribbons and lace?
Flounces and Frills,
Bracelets and rings,
Polishing nails?
Is it all of these things?

No, you can't pin it on
Like a bow in the hair.
You can't put it on
like a garment you wear.
It's deeper than ornaments
Gracing the skin.
For true Femininity
Comes from within!

It glows from a heart
That is gentle and kind,
A soul that is chaste
An honest pure mind.
Without inner goodness
How futile the bow,
For "pinning on petals"
Can n'er make a rose!
-Emily Harris


Isn't that just the cutest poem?
I'll post as soon as I can.
Luv-Luv
Whitt

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I do like that poem

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger fa-so-la-la said...

Happy first-day-of-school! I know what you mean about school making you happy... I love the times in summer, where you get to accomplish absolutely nothing for days on end, but when you get back to school it feels wonderful to accomplish lots every day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home